Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-09-26 Origin: Site
Glass fiber chopped strand mat is usually used in hand lay-up technology, which is a main glass fiber non-woven reinforcing material. glued together. Sheets of material are placed in molds and brushed with resin. Because the binder dissolves in the resin, the material tends to wet out when conforming to different shapes. After the resin has cured, the hardened product can be removed from the mold as a finished product. The chopped strand mat gives the glass fibers isotropic material properties. Glass fiber chopped strand mat is the most basic guarantee for Fangzhen FRP high-quality products.
Glass fiber chopped strand mat types:
1. Needle-punched felt, 2. Continuous strand felt, 3. Chopped strand felt, 4. Stitched felt, 5. Surface felt
Glass fiber chopped strand mat performance:
1. The closely interwoven points of each pair of fabrics of the chopped strand mat are easy to absorb resin, and the resin content of FRP products is large, so that the products have good sealing performance, no leakage, water resistance and corrosion resistance of other media. It also improves the appearance quality.
2. The chopped strand mat is not as dense as the fabric, so it is easy to thicken when used to make reinforced products, and the production process of the chopped strand mat is less than that of the fabric, and the cost is also lower. The use of the chopped strand mat can reduce the cost of the product.
3. The fibers in the chopped strand mat are non-directional, and the surface is rougher than the fabric, so the interlayer adhesion is good, so that the product is not easy to delaminate, and the strength of the FRP product is isotropic.
4. The fibers in the chopped strand mat are discontinuous, so after the product is damaged, the damage area is small and the strength is less reduced.
5. The resin has good permeability and fast infiltration speed, which can speed up the fixed-line speed and improve the production efficiency. Generally, the resin infiltration rate is ≤60s.
6. Good lamination performance, easy to cut, convenient construction, suitable for making glass fiber reinforced plastic products with complex shapes.
#fiberglass #chopped #mat